Looking After Your Mental Health
At WASC your mental health is EQUALLY as important as your physical health. If you do have any concerns at all please reach out to your friends, parents, carers, coaches or our club Welfare Officer (Sarah Faulkner) in person, or by email at email@example.com.
Please also see below for a number of helpful contacts, phone number and websites on this matter.
- CAMHS – provide emotional wellbeing and mental health support for children and young people up to the age of 18 in Northamptonshire.
If you live in Northamptonshire, you can contact CAMHS via:
Live chat – visit https://www.nhft.nhs.uk/camhs/ for the link to join a chat.
Phone – the consultation line for parents, carers, young people and professionals is available 9am to 7pm, Monday to Friday on 0800 170 7055.
If you are in crisis, at risk of self-harm or suicide the CYPMHS crisis team is open 24/7 and can be accessed by calling 0800 170 7055.
- Text Shout to 85258 at any time day or night. You can find out more about this service here https://giveusashout.org/
- Youth Works Northamptonshire: https://www.youthworksnorthamptonshire.org.uk/
- Young Minds: https://www.youngminds.org.uk/young-person/
- The NSPCC website has lots of useful information and advice for children and parents: https://www.nspcc.org.uk/
- Swim Line is a confidential telephone service for anyone who is involved in swimming who thinks that a child may be at risk. It can be used by swimmers, helpers, parents – anyone who is concerned about the welfare of a swimmer. Swim Line is run with the assistance of the NSPCC Child Protection Help Line. The freephone number is 0808 100 4001.
- Child Protection information and guidance about clubs’ and members’ responsibility towards children and young people in the sport. Signposting Help Desk - email firstname.lastname@example.org
- NSPCC Adult Helpline - Tel: 0808 800 5000
- Child Line: Tel: 0800 1111
Advice & Tips
>> Taking Care of Yourself - Childline
>> Anxiety, Stress & Panic - Childline
>> Clear Fear is an app developed for teenage mental health charity stem4
>> Supporting you and your mental health - Young Minds
No Harm Done: This film is a response to the powerful cry for help from young people, parents and professionals who have told YoungMinds just how difficult dealing with self-harm is. The films were co-produced with young people, parents and professionals to reassure those affected by self-harm that things can and do improve.
- 19 Oct 2023Fundraising sale
Details of our annual fundraising sale
- 27 Jan 2023Northamptonshire County Championships
78 WASC swimmers due to dive in to Corby pool over the next month
- 24 Sep 2022Autumn Development Evening
Sat 24th September 2022
- 13 Sep 2022Temporary Changes to Training Times
Friday 16th - Monday 19th September
- 05 Aug 2022Imogen Dodds in action in Sheffield
Support her by watching live!